วันอังคารที่ 22 พฤษภาคม พ.ศ. 2555

Living private in a Doomsday Bunker / Shipping box

As an avid prepper I long ago converted my wife into like thinking. She's as much of a prepper as I am now and in some cases even more so. When it comes to a doomsday bunker that's where we part ways. She has her mind set on not being able to live in a "coffin" as she calls it. Ideally I'd like to bury a join of shipping packaging that are built specifically for living in. I would be article with the top of the packaging being maybe a foot up above ground level and letting a dirt berm or shrubs block the visibility.

My ideal shelter would have quite a few windows in that exposed area so you wouldn't get that feeling of being buried. Even with that said she still doesn't think she could live in it. I asked how that's separate than being in a basement with windows and she said it would feel more confined. With nearly 400 quadrilateral feet of living space a shipping package would work very well and give ample room. If you had some of them there would be even more space.

Storage Boxes

So one of the big items to address if you are finding to turn a shipping package into an hidden house is how it will be received by your family members. I obviously didn't take the time to properly discuss it with her so she'd understand the details of living in a shipping container. I think had I taken time to talk more about things I'd do to make it a liveable doomsday bunker I'd have a much smaller hill to climb right now.

So assuming that I get past that I have started reasoning about the ideal configuration for an hidden bunker built from a steel shipping container. I think using 4 packaging together would make for an ideal configuration. The goal would be to make living areas for 4-6 people.

With 4 of these you would have nearly 1,600 quadrilateral feet of hidden bunker space and 2 large living areas and 4 smaller areas. One large living area I would dedicate to a kitchen, food warehouse etc. The other large living area would be dedicated to a more family or group oriented room where similar to what a living room is now.

The 4 smaller rooms would probably number to 2 or 3 bedrooms and one bonus room for warehouse and all the other stuff one would need to live hidden for a longer duration of time. With minute space it would need to be well organized but nothing else but a 1,600 sq foot bunker would work well.

The layout would be 4 of these staggered back and forth with a 50% overlap. The 2nds would start halfway up the first, the third would be the same as the first and the 4th the same as the 2nd. Giving you a town that is 20x40 and 4 nodes each of 20x10. In additional articles I will discuss what I would need to stock an hidden bunker and what items I would want in my warehouse cache for living underground.

Each bedroom would be 10x20 so there would be a good number of space, the living room and kitchen would be 20x20 which is also very spacious. In the middle of he kitchen and the living room would be a door and or pass-through or it could be fully open to make one large room. Ideally the entry way would be through the warehouse room and that would be the passage point.

If you have any thoughts or ideas I would love to hear them.

Living private in a Doomsday Bunker / Shipping box

Thanks To : หางานเชียงใหม่ Hotel in Thai HDTV with Internet Pattaya Hotels

0 ความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น