วันอังคารที่ 21 กุมภาพันธ์ พ.ศ. 2555

Why You Should Store Food in Glass packaging

Most of us start off storing food in plastic food containers, but while these are Ok for storing dry foods (cereal, dry pasta, lentils), it soon becomes apparent that they just don't work for storing cooked foods, liquids, whatever acidic, and whatever that needs heating.

The plastic start to warp and stain, and odours start to attach to them (I once stored a garlic casserole in plastic container, and several years later, I can still smell the garlic, which seems to have got cooked into the plastic when I heated the package in the microwave). This is because the plastic reacts with food substances when heated.

Storage Boxes

So I switched to Glass storage packaging and have never looked back. They aren't that much more expensive than plastic - you can get a decent set of five packaging with fitted lids for about .99. But they look great - you can place them on the dinner table with no embarrassment at all - and most importantly, they do not stain, warp, suck in smells or react in any way with the food.

I have two main sets - the Pyrex Bake n Store set, which allows me to cook casseroles, and then when the meal is over, naturally seal the dish with the leftovers within, using one of their fitted airtight lids, and then pop it into whether the fridge or freezer (depending on how long I want to keep it). It is then easy to get the package back out, take off the lid and microwave it, ready for someone else meal. I also have a set of smaller packaging - these are for smaller leftovers (things I've cooked on the hob and then transferred to the container) and for use as lunchboxes. These packaging are also great for whatever liquid. For instance I make my own pasta sauce in industrial quantities and then store it in small containers, each adequate to make a particular house meal, which I can then passage as I when I need to cook pasta.

The glass packaging are also easy to clean. The only caveat I have is that you need to handwash the lids - don't put them in the dishwasher as the seals will start to erode and they won't be as airtight as before. The packaging are also pretty tough - I've dropped one, but it didn't shatter - I understand this is because it's made of toughened tempered glass.

Why You Should Store Food in Glass packaging

See Also : งานเชียงใหม่ Mid Tablet PC External Hard Drive 13.3 inch Laptop

0 ความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น